Thursday, July 29, 2010

Monday, July 26 2010

My name is Caramel, and I am a stray dog. My brother and I were taken in by a nice family a couple of days ago, and we sure are happy to be here. We get to stay in our very own crates. That is nice because my brother, Rocky, is not always nice to me. He wants to be the boss all the time and is always trying to get me to fight with him. Sometimes it works, and then we get into trouble. I think that's why our first owner dumped us. I guess he didn't think we could ever be good dogs...

I think our new foster family wonders whether or not we are good dogs, also...They took us to visit something called an animal behavioralist today. She's a really nice lady. I tried to act my best and wag my tail at her as much as I could because we really need to find a good home. I don't want to go back to the shelter. I heard my foster mom say that the shelter will put us to sleep because we are pitbull mixes. I guess pitbulls aren't allowed in many towns in this area. I wonder why?

My foster family has two children, both little girls. They are a lot of fun and give us a lot of attention. We never had a lot of attention before, and I like it. I wag my tail at them as much as I can. Maybe they will know that I like them, and maybe they will like me too.

My foster mother looks tired and worried. She takes us for a couple of walks a day and is gentle and quiet with us. I like that, too. I like going out and sniffing everything. I think she likes Rocky and I. My foster dad looks worried, too. He is the tallest person I have ever seen, we have to look waaaaaay up to him. I wonder how he got so tall?

Our foster people seem to have a couple of dogs in addition to the gorgeous saluki lady we followed home. Rocky and I are a little scared of these other dogs, so we have not been nice to them...Because of this, we aren't allowed in the same part of the house that they are. Our foster mom says that this animal behavioralist will be able to help us become more friendly towards other dogs. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment